While we are waiting for Ohio sports betting to be regulated, let’s see whether any online activities are legal here. Ohio daily fantasy sports fans will be happy to know that DFS activities are live and regulated.
In addition to online horse race betting, daily fantasy sports are the only online iGaming-type you can legally participate in.
So, let’s see what players can expect from Ohio daily fantasy sports.
Play DFS in Ohio
If you are an Ohio resident with an interest in DFS, you will be pleased to hear that all the major US daily fantasy platforms are live in this state. FanDuel, DraftKings, Yahoo Fantasy, and Fantasy Draft are just some of the brands you can join up with to participate in premium DFS action.
Luckily, there are quite a few legal Ohio daily fantasy sports platforms. You can join them without having to worry about unlicensed brands. You can find several reviews of the most popular brands right here on our site– feel free to read about them and see which ones suit your gaming style best!
Register for DFS in Ohio
The registration procedure is more or less similar on all Ohio daily fantasy sports sites. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to the Ohio daily fantasy sports website you’d like to join and click “Register” or “Sign up.”
- Provide a username you’d like to use, an email, and a password.
- Apply a promo code if you have one. (This step is optional.)
- Provide the requested personal and contact information (full name, date of birth, address, zip code, etc.).
- Click “Register Now” to finalize the registration process.
One of the benefits of joining a new DFS site is the welcome bonus you can claim. All you need to do is complete the signup and meet the bonus’ T&Cs, and you can receive a fantastic welcome offer. Just make sure to go through the requirements first and see whether they suit you.
Ohio DFS Rules
When it comes to the rules of Ohio daily fantasy sports, here’s what you need to know. First, you cannot join a DFS site if you are under 18 years of age. Secondly, you cannot participate in contests related to youth and college sports. Thirdly, DFS sites cannot advertise to minors.
This means that Ohio residents who are 18 or older can join a DFS site and participate in various contests that are available. There are many different types of contests at your disposal. For example, some brands offer beginner-level contests for all those who are just starting out in DFS. You can participate in free contests (there are no fees and no prizes) or paid ones (all participants need to pay a fee and the winner receives the prize).
Here’s what you need to do.
- Log into your account and select one of the available contests.
- Draft your team (make sure not to go over your salary cap).
- Keep track of the score and if your players are successful you can win real cash.