With talks about online sports betting in Ohio moving forward, the hot topic of Ohio online casinos is sparking up as well. For now, online casinos in Ohio remain illegal and players need to cross state lines to visit some of the neighboring state casinos.
The only thing close to online casinos that players in Ohio currently have are “social casinos”, which are types of virtual table and slot games where no real money is exchanged.
However, with four states surrounding Ohio all offering sports wagering in person (including Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and West Virginia), there are talks that are pushing the idea of Ohio online casinos coming to fruition.
Ohio has made only slight movements towards making online sports wagering a reality and even less towards casinos. But with the Ohio House allowing the Ohio Lottery Commission to run their sports wagering, it seems that the wheels are in motion.
Ohio Retail Casinos
Currently, there are four land-based casinos located in Ohio. Additionally, there are seven more retail racinos, which are essentially race tracks with slots. This is actually great news as it greatly increases the possibility of Ohio online casinos being approved one day.
Ohio’s standalone casinos include:
- Jack Cleveland Casino (100 Public Square, Cleveland, OH) – Offers table games, slots, and a poker room.
- Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati (1000 Broadway Street, Cincinnati, OH) – Provides numerous slot machines, table games, and a poker room.
- Hollywood Casino Columbus (200 Georgesville Road, Columbus, OH) – State’s largest casino that offers table games, slot machines, and poker.
- Hollywood Casino Toledo (1968 Miami Street, Toledo, OH) – Their offer extends towards table games, slot machines, and poker.
Ohio Casino Games
So what games can we expect from Ohio online casinos once they go live? The answer is that most likely we are going to get an offering of mostly traditional types of games.
Expect to see:
- Slots – The most numerous type of online gambling games found on any site.
- Roulette – One of the oldest types of games in a casino.
- Baccarat – James Bond’s favorite game.
- Blackjack – the most famous casino card game.
Once online casinos in Ohio become a reality, we could expect even more traditional casino games available. But for now, the above list will likely be the provisional proposal of games.